Friday, March 14, 2008

March 14 - Life Is a Cabaret Opera


Harriet and I take a promotional shot for the 2008 Fresh Voices VIII Festival of New Works, to be given this November, which will include a revival of


Antigone.


Write the second movement of Vocal Sonatina No. 1 ("Spitzer"): II. Andante, with text

I am not a monster
I just don't want to be
This has been a very difficult time
It's very complicated
He walked out on me
Relax
I am about my music
And my music's me


Rendezvous with Harriet for coffee, then off to Napa again, past Jameson Canyon's greens and blues,


and fields flaming below a gratuitous rainbow.


Beyond is the Napa Wine Guy (The Cowboy Vintner), with and


without the traffic light,


heading toward the eucalyptus windbreak


against and under a heavy leaden sky.


The walk, completing Congress Valley Road, features pseudo church,


cat on a cold car roof, and


a lost blue(-tarped) boat.



Stacked palms


prove an entry way


across from general greenery


of a gallery forest


whose giant bonzai plantings


reveal road


and lonely oak of a naked Mayacamas hillside in the bend of a road.


Save for skeletal-white eucalypti,


all the rest is shadow of twilight.